Pastor Ron Smith
Senior Pastor at FBC-HDG since 1998
Pastor Ron Smith is a Maryland native, born in Abingdon, and before being called to seminary, he was a member of FBC-HDG. He served as pastor to several churches in Texas and Utah before God called him back to Havre de Grace.
His wife, Fern, was born in Chelsa, Massachusetts. They have three children, Jami, Tiffany and Ian. Jami and Tiffany are both marrried, and Jami has 2 children.
- Master of Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- Graduate work in Biology, Towson State University, Towson, Maryland
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry, Towson State University
- Associate Pastor, Southeast Baptist Church, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1995-1997
- Pastor, First Southern Baptist Church, Bountiful, Utah, 1993-1995
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Provo, Utah, 1990-1993
- Interim Pastor, First Baptist Mission, Payson, Utah, 1990
- Missionary Pastor, First Baptist Church, Pleasant Grove, Utah, 1987-1990
- Pastor, Edgeview Baptist House Church, Fort Worth, Texas, 1985-1987
- Pioneer Penetration, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1984
- Sunday School Teacher, Southwayside Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas, 1983-1985
- Deacon, First Baptist Church, Havre de Grace, Maryland, 1980-1983
(Deacon Chairman 1982-1983)
Lenore Haynes has stepped down as music director.
Lenore stepped down in order to join her husband Rick Haynes in working with the church Rick has started. His church is Lighthouse Mission of Havre de Grace. She will also be working with Rick in his ministry to the homeless and needy families. That ministry is called Answered Prayers Ministry. We sent them off, so to speak, as missionaries out of First Baptist Church, praying over them as we sent them out, prying God's blessings on them.