When the message of God gets distorted by people around you, it may be finally time to come to the church and witness the wisdom and grace of it yourself. I invite you to join us this Sunday as we open up the word of God and consider how it may apply to our lives.
Pastor Ron Smith
Senior Pastor at FBCHDG since 1998
Pastor Ron Smith is a Maryland native, born in Abingdon, and before being called to seminary, he was a member of FBCHDG. He served as pastor to several churches in Texas and Utah before God called him back to Havre de Grace.
His wife, Fern, was born in Chelsa, Massachusetts. They have three children, Jami, Tiffany and Ian. Jami and Tiffany are both marrried. Jami has 2 children. Tiffany has 2 children and one on the way!
- Master of Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- Graduate work in Biology, Towson State University, Towson, Maryland
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry, Towson State University
- Doctor of Ministry, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Associate Pastor, Southeast Baptist Church, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1995-1997
- Pastor, First Southern Baptist Church, Bountiful, Utah, 1993-1995
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Provo, Utah, 1990-1993
- Interim Pastor, First Baptist Mission, Payson, Utah, 1990
- Missionary Pastor, First Baptist Church, Pleasant Grove, Utah, 1987-1990
- Pastor, Edgeview Baptist House Church, Fort Worth, Texas, 1985-1987
- Pioneer Penetration, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1984
- Sunday School Teacher, Southwayside Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas, 1983-1985
- Deacon, First Baptist Church, Havre de Grace, Maryland, 1980-1983
(Deacon Chairman 1982-1983)